Today marks exactly 11 years since my first photo shoot. So, let’s go back to where this all started; my first official photo shooting.
I always loved taking pictures with friends and one day I decided to attend a photo shoot event in The Netherlands. This kind of event brings photographers, make-up artist and models together for the purpose of to create unmatched content.
It really was a great experience and the results were quite awesome. But, as you can see, it wasn’t much alternative styled yet.
Anyway, it was so much fun I decided to start modeling as a hobby. And I still enjoy it very much. But, what makes modeling such a great hobby?
- I get to express a side of myself that I can’t in every day, mainstream society.
- You have the chance to meet many interesting people. I especially love it now that I have a few really great photographers / friends that I can work with on the regular.
- Modeling is creative, expressive, performance and giving of yourself in a safe and protected manner. Sure it is with the photographer’s vision and craft, but as a model you are giving as much or as little as you want to.
- It helps build your self-esteem.
- I also love to see just how different each photo session can be.
There are many talented girls who can make a living as a model. But, I prefer it as a hobby. I really like modeling very much, but I also have a great job as a Customer Service Employee. For me, modeling is something that I love, not something that I have to do.